Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Monday 1 February 2010

There is friend that sticks closer than a sister...Proverbs 18:24

I decided to paraphrase the scripture in the above title a little bit today. I hope you don't mind.
I actually wanted to dedicate this to some of my closest friends(Lilian, Alison andTuki) and yet at the same time discuss the godly importance of friendship. Actually it was these ladies that inspired me to start blogging since I gave up facebook.

For those of you that don't know, I live with three other girls who are like my best friends, prayer partners and confidents.  Last year we all decided to rent this really pretty house during our stay in Brighton as students and since then it's been bliss.
Well let me not exaggerate, it hasn't been entirely perfect but God has had tremendous grace on us. We never really argued, always helped each other out around the house, lent money if money needed to be lent and prayed for each other when prayer was need (which was always).
Our first argument or let's say disagreement was on Friday. I won't go until details but there was division and we girls got our feelings hurt. People avoided each other and nobody really wanted to confront the issue.
But we had to get over ourselves and speak about it. However, it seemed so strange  that this "perfect house" was having issues. I mean we were getting along so great. I am not boasting on my friends, but they are truly the best! People come to our house and are just amazed at how well we get along with each other and how there is so much peace. Peace which we as housemates often take for granted.

To cut a long story short, after the dispute we went out eat Chinese at the Gecko resturaunt (Yuck! Sorry for the bad publicity but that place was nasty!) in town and the next day I sat with Tukiya and curled her hair for her.
As I was doing her hair, it just made me think of friendship. You can argue with people, fight with people but when you love them it's so easy to put those things aside. Yes, you may feel extremely disappointed with them if they have hurt you but love overcomes it all. I just felt so at peace that I could do my friend's hair and forget about petty arguments.

I think we do some pretty bad things to Christ himself, but His love always draws us back to Him. Personally, I can say that my friends have shown me the love of Christ . When life was getting a little too much for me and the tears were uncontrollable, they all gathered around me and prayed for me. When I couldn't sleep because the enemy was trying to attack my mind, it was Lilian who allowed me to sleep in her room at 3 a.m. in the morning. That's Christ right there! If anybody is teaching anything different then they are lying!!!
I saw the love of Christ through my friends and continually see it!



Just thought I'd share!!!!

When university is over and we are in different parts of the world, I pray we will always remember this song! This song is for you Ashurst Road girls!

oad girls!!


xxxx



No comments: