Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Thursday 25 February 2010

Let the good times roll...

I am probably the most impatient and anxious person you could ever meet. If it wasn't for God's grace, I would be a walking time bomb ready to explode.
Do you ever get so caught up in your life that you forget what God has done or is doing?  I do all the time.

I'm actually not quite sure the point of this current post, maybe I am just killing time. As I do have an Equity and Trusts lecture in 25 minutes. However, I feel I need to just STOP.WAIT.AND LET IT SINK IN.
I was reading Becca's blog today about "cultivating the soil".  It just confirmed what God was telling me. I found myself reminiscing about the times when things were just so "simple" and "easy-going". The days when the soil in my life was fresh, moist and easy to reap a fruitful harvest.  These past few months, the soil in my life seems hard, and it seems as though a farmer is continually using his hoe to break up it's fallow ground. Ouch it hurts! 
Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground, For it is time to seek the Lord, till He comes and rains righteousness on you. Hosea 10:12

I can't depend on the "good and easy times".  God is teaching me maturity for ministry, my family and most of all HIS GLORY.  I need to seek the Lord and abide in Him even when the ground seems so unfruitful.
Patience is virtue.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this post sweet friend - I'm praying for you!