Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Friday 19 February 2010

Butterfly and Pearls - New kid on the block

Hello, my name is Chizor Beverley Opara, I am 21, bordering 22 and I am a law student in the United Kingdom.

I just came across Kelly's Korner via another blog's link. She invited all those that use blogspot as a ministry to others to come and spread the word. That is so funny because last night I was in bed praying and I said to the Lord " God please connect me to women of God who blog in order to minister to the brokenhearted" then this morning I heard of Kelly's Korner.

I began blogging not to long ago actually, after going through the "deep valley" during my 2nd year at law school. This required me to be pulled to the feet of Jesus and in the midst of it all the Lord told me to write.
 God walked me through issues with my weight, depression, anxiety, insecurities and mental health.  I am yet to write my testimony on here, but God has been so gracious to me. And to be honest if I hadn't experienced so much in my life, I don't think I could minister to people on on campus, abroad and on the worldwide web.

I write if God puts things on my heart so that I can edify the body, as I feel that there are so many hurting women in the church who are being overlooked.

Also I am learning to keep to word limits so bear with me!

God bless

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Chizor! I am so so glad to find your blog - what a blessing! I miss you and hope you're doing well -- you will be in my prayers my friend!

Marisa said...

Hello there. What sweet, sweet words you left on my blog today. Thank you for that...such encouragement. God is STILL good. There are reasons we go through what we do--God has a purpose and a plan in our heartaches, girl. Thanks for saying hello.

Blessings to you,
Marisa

P.S. Love the butterflies and pearls. My daughter, Maggie...her name means "pearl." So sweet to hear about your dream.