Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Tuesday 9 February 2010

B*itch!, S*lt, Whore! - So, I shared my testimony last night

B*itch!, S*lt, Whore! Those were the words coming out of Nay's mouth during her readpation of the The Woman at the Well  last night.  As some of you are aware the Christian Union are putting on events all this week on campus just to get people aware of what the Christian Union actually do and most especially who J.C is (for all of you who are not current with Christian colloquialism it means Jesus Christ.) 
To cut a long story short, I had volunteered a few weeks ago to share my testimony with students at one of the local bars on campus for our Open Mic event.  I was scared silly! I couldn't really concentrate on the music - which was awesome by the way but I never expected such a crowd. A crowd of non- christians...
I don't know why it never occured to me that I was required to give my life story infront of non-believers- it just didn't click. My heart had been doing flips all day, and I suddenly whispered into my friend's Lois's ear whilst the band was playing and asked: "Can you PLEASE pray for me?".  As lovely as Lois's is, that's exactly what she did. After she prayed I just felt God telling me that my testimony wasn't about me, and I had nothing to be ashamed about.  The word "B*itch* was no longer my name, but He had given me a new name.
God wanted me to be just the vessel and He would speak through me.

Ok, it's one thing giving your testimony in front of christians at your local church, it's a totaly different pond having to share your testimony in front of aethists, muslims, skeptics, homosexuals and others. And you know that Sussex University is the most unreligious and most liberal university you could ever come across.  A few minutes being behind the mic, I began to drop the name of Jesus. Yes I began to speak about how the same resurrecting power of Jesus Christ came into my life.

A lot of my Christian friends didn't even know my testimony, they were all shocked. But there was nothing that I did or said that caused this to happen. It was because the presence of Jesus showed up in that bar.
Do you know what happened after that?  Jesus get's all the glory, but my friend Becky comes up to me and says "Chizor, thank you for sharing your testimony, my housemate (who is not a christian) heard your testimony and wants to get onto an Alpha Course. I am trying not to cry right now Chizor but thank you". There is nothing that I did! I am not writing this to pomp myself up but I will say this though, WHEN THE POWER OF JESUS SHOWS UP EVEN THE AETHIST'S IDEOLOGIES WILL HAVE TO BOW TO THAT NAME!

Joyce Meyer aka Aunty Joyce who suffered child abuse at the hands of her father once said: "Sometimes God will allow you to go through somethings just to help someone else". I used to get so mad hearing this. I say "God, you mean I have to suffer pain and experience heartbreak to help somebody else?" God in His infinite patience will kindly answer me: " Yes, Chizor now get our of your self-pity".

I've always wanted to be a missionary and help the brokenhearted but if I am at Law School to allow Becky's friend to hear my testimony of Jesus then "yes and amen". The other day, I recieved an email from someone who I least expected an email from. They just told me how my blogs had been blessing to them and my writings (inspired by the Holy Spirit) caused him to desire to remain more focused on God.
I do nothing, I am just a vessel. Be encouraged in your pain! God's not finished with your story yet!

No comments: