Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Sunday 7 February 2010

The Word is our legal authority

Today, I really reconsidered deactivating my facebook again.  Just after two days, I began to think whether or not this was such a great idea.  The thought came to my mind, slowly followed by fear.  You know that fear which is the crippling sort, the fear which just magnifies such a small issue.  Some of you are probably thinking "Chizor, it's just facebook get a hold of yourself ". Exactly my point - the fear that tried to have access began to make a silly thing as facebook seem like a 10 foot demon.

But even 10 foot demons will bow at the nama of Jesus!  At this point my stomach was doing flips and churning at the idea of having my facebook on again.  Then the scripture came to my spirit  2 Corinthians 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ. Whenever I used to read that scripture to be truthful, I didn't really understand what it meant.  Now, I believe I do. You see, when the fear began to play on my mind, I knew I had to bring this "imagination" and "thought" to the obedience of Christ.  I spoke to myself and said "For God has NOT given me a spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of SOUND MIND." 2 Timothy 1:7.
I brought the imagination into the subjection of Christ through the scriptures.

As you know I am currently studying law, and for any good lawyer to be good at his or her job and have a succesful case they need to know the law to back up their argument. There is a certain rule of thumb known as staris decis (once a court has used a certain method to pass a judgement, the same method in other cases must be used), for your case to be succesful you need to rely on that leading authority because it will overrule everything else that others are saying. It's the same way with the Word. The authority in that book overrides every  evil thought which is not of God. If you feel you are not beautiful enough, check this out, your legal authority says in Psalm 139: 14 that "...I am fearfully and wonderfully made". It overrules that judgement you tried to pass on yourself!

The only way that you are going to see victory in your life is when you get into the Word of God. I mean you need to get so deep into the Word that it's coming up over your head.  I have learnt that if I do not stand on the Word of God on a daily basis then I give those fears and anxieties dominion.

No comments: