Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Wednesday 3 February 2010

There is a friend that sticks closer than a sister part II

I wanted to just do a follow up on my last blog 'there is a friend that sticks closer than a sister'.  It's really been on my mind. I felt a little lonely today. You know that feeling that comes when you are around a thousand people but still feel alone. I get like that sometimes.
Anway this evening I had to watch this really annoying film titled "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" for my American Studies module...it was really stupid. Well during the film I suddenly began to feel a little lonely maybe due to the love scene between Dana Wynter and Kevin McCarthy. I just said to God "Lord comfort me, I know you can" and as I said that the response I percieved in my spirit was thus: A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother -  Proverbs 18:24.
Then the revelation hit me at that moment as Kevin McCarthy was declaring his undying love for the gorgeous Dana Wynter amidst the giant mutant cabbages (c'mon it's a 1956 sci fi movie) that Jesus has been and will always be my best friend.  Peace just came all over me at that moment.  I don't know it seems like in the past few months I have become familiar with Him and I am not as scared as I was to approach His throne of grace.

I have just started reading this book by Watchman Nee in my spare time titled " The Song of Songs - The Divine Romance Betwen God and Man". It was given to by Lilian's older brother for encouragement. It's quite good so far, just about seeking God and enjoying a relationship with Him.

Right back to seminar prep!


No comments: