Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Tuesday 26 January 2010

Where eagles dare


I would like to share this post very quickly with you all and what the Lord spoke the early hours of this morning.
On Tuesday mornings, I normally have to wake up very early and prepare for a prayer breakfast. So it involves me getting up at dawn before everyone else is awake.
I once heard that the best time to hear from the Lord is in the early hours of the morning.
Mark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

When I was getting ready, I heard the voice of the Lord say to me  "Soar where eagles dare". It just came as a flood of thoughts.  Soar where eagles dare, doesn't that mean doing something unknown?  Don't eagles fly higher than all the other birds? Eagles don't fly in flocks do they? They fly in alone, don't they? YIKES! All these questions came to my mind.  Then the scriputre came to my spirit right after I began asking all these questions : Isaiah 40:31 but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Do you know in your heart of hearts that since you were young, God set you apart? That you couldn't do the things other kids were doing. That you couldn't get away with things other people could get away with.
That's because as a child of God, we are not go with the crowd. 
Pigeons like to fly in flocks. And for some of you guys who know me - I cannot stand pigeons!!!! They always live around dirty areas as well. However, the eagle... Well the eagle...likes to fly alone, it soars above the storm  when all the other "flock birds" hide and run for cover. Hallelujah!
God says in His word that those who trust God will soar on wings like eagles. Not wings like pigeons, no but soar on wings like eagles. One more thing about the eagle, when it soars through sky it doesn't flap, a single feather doesn't move. When we trust God to go higher, we needn't flap and grow exasperated but we will just soar.
Knowing this leave your flock of pigeons, and begin to soar where eagles dare.

No comments: