Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Wednesday 21 July 2010

Summer in Savannah (9) Conviction to Grow Up


This morning I woke up feeling irritated and depressed. I know it sounds a  bit melodramatic considering I had only been awake for a few minutes but I was clearly annoyed. "With what?" you may ask.
I was mad because I felt that people were not treating me the way I was treating them.  The first few minutes of my day was spent mulling thoughts over and over in my mind about the way I am treated. The way I should be taken care of. The way nobody is considerate of my feelings. Let's just put it down to me just feeling extremely sorry for myself.

The Bible says in Ephesians 4:14-15 14: Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

Sometimes we just need to grow up! You know, that morning instead of entertaining my thoughts by staying mad a minute longer. I decided to get into the Word. If this had been a few months back I would have gone to work feeling utterly annoyed , allowing it to eat away at me. I believe once I made the choice not to let my emotions and thoughts tcontol me, the Holy Spirit was ready to minister.
As I began listening to the Word, whatever issue that had been getting me down a few minutes before began to fade away and God was really showing me the benefits of abiding in Him.
It takes spiritual maturity to deny the flesh and pick up the much heavier cross.

I encourage you all, don't allow the worries of this world keep you from fellowshipping with God. I was so consumed with the "wrongs" done against me and how my desires had not been met by others that I almost missed God this morning. Let's face facts, we cannot rely on others for our own happiness. I've said it in previous posts before and I will emphasize it again. People will not always meet your needs but there is someone who can. His name is Jesus.
God gave me a word when I first came to Savannah. I was still pretty bitter about things that had happened in the past and I felt like being back in Georgia was somewhat a cruel reminder of that past. Bitter is an understatement : I was mad as hell! Literally, my anger and my hurt was not from  God and anything not of God is of the devil. Nonetheless, when I arrived God spoke to me clearly saying thus : "I will do for you what man could not ". A few days later out in Bryant County, GA in a small wooden Pentecostal Church a woman of God came up to me. She said thus: "The Lord will do for you what man could not".  Obviously hearing this I began to tear up inside. God was asking for me to come up higher, mature in Him and He will take care of the rest.

Go higher with Jesus, don't be afraid of the consequences. My Saviour is ready to fulfill His Word.
Psalm 25:5: Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.

Be blessed

1 comment:

Merana Leigh said...

I just SO enjoy reading your posts! You help ME to grow too in your insight. I have been feeling so lost & restless lately...and it was consuming me. I just got back from a cruise with my family & that feeling started there. Being in a room with my kids & then constantly being on the go left me restless & empty. I got away for the last evening on the cruise to have time to myself. Know where I ended up? The Chapel! I felt pure bliss situated there in the peace & quiet & solitude. And that's when it hit me as I bowed my head with a tear streaming down my cheek...I MISSED my Lord. I hadn't had any alone time with Him in over a week & I was STARVING for it. I'm still not remotely full...just only eaten an appetizer of Him. I need to just get lost in His word & in prayer time.

As I read your post, I just have to say what I have before...I honestly believe that God leads us back to the point of our pain in order to fully heal us, my dear friend. Not to wallow in it, but to be confronted with it in order for healing to come that wouldn't be able to happen as well if we ran away from the source of the pain.His grace is astonishing!

Your post ends with one of my favorite Scriptures that I pray every day! Now THAT, I can covet!

Hugs hun ~ Merana