Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Wednesday 7 July 2010

Summer in Savannah (5) I want to encourage you

"Life just isn't easy".  I am sure some of you are scoffing at that statement and whole heartedly agreeing.
It really isn't though. There is always one thing or the other coming up against us but our reaction to the situation determines the outcome.  These past few days I've been quite unsettled within my Spirit, I just felt so heavy and I allowed myself to become burdened with the worries of this world. I am a very antsy person and I do not like waiting for things. It's the worst thing one could ever do to me,is to allow me to wait. When I have to wait and be patient I am like a crack addict having withdrawal symptoms. I become fidgety and agitated. Most importantly I lose my peace.

Imagine if God gave you a specific Word but due to a slight personality disorder within you (i.e. impatience) you allowed yourself to work yourself into a frenzy because you could not see God's hand in a particular situation or you could not see how God was going to bless you through this. Remember the scripture that says thus : "For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless." Psalm 84:11.  I love that word "shield". No matter what you are going through Jesus is our shield, our protection yet His bright sun will give us light to direct our paths.  These past few days I heard the Holy Spirit whisper to me "Wait", He also confirmed this through several means.  Jesus was beckoning me to wait but I wasn't and I was losing my peace big time.
No matter what is happening around you, if it's that situation you are asking God to change in your marriage but still you see no change, or the sickness you are praying to leave your body, or you are believing for a complete deliverance of your child from satanic bonds. Hold fast! Meditate on this scripture: "Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me." John 14:1.

I feel so convicted right now. I ask God day after day "Why?". Instead, I have my answer and it is always the same "Wait". "Do not be troubled".  I know how it feels, don't think I don't. I bet you are saying " Chizor you don't know what it feels like". No, I may not know your particular situation but here is a principle in the Holies of Holies : " Yet the LORD longs to be gracious to you; he rises to show you compassion. For the LORD is a God of justice. Blessed are all who wait for him!" Isaiah 30:18. I know what it feels like when you do not understand a situation but the solution is so simple. That is we as His children need to wait on Him. I believe I am speaking prophetically right now: there is a woman reading this blog so torn apart. I mean an emotional wreck. The pain is so intense that you feel like there is no way out. I tell you this, and this is the same Word the Lord gave me recently. "God will do for you what man could not". What you thought would last didn't. The people you believed would uphold you could not. However, I know my Jesus will do above and beyond . He will restore.

I have a confession to make on here. I have been slack in reading my bible and just some other areas of my life. God really showed me the importance of His word. No matter what happens never forsake His word.

In Christ

Chizor

1 comment:

Merana Leigh said...

Oh how I can relate to this post. I have SOOOOO been there...just as recently as January with the "why" or more so "why can't you just...". I even had one time when I heard the still small voice say "Be still & know that I am God", and I had the nerve to say "yeah, yeah, yeah...I know you're God already, but when are you gonna ...". To which I got a profound "tsk, tsk, tsk (imagine a parent shaking their finger at their child) YOU'RE NOT BEING STILL!!!!!!!" That's when you shake your head & just say, "You're right. Yes sir!" Point to make: when you stop & indeed BE STILL, it all starts to unfold the way He intended (ya know...when we stop trying to make things go OUR way, and instead trust HIS way). Hugs ~ Merana