Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Wednesday 11 August 2010

Summer in Savannah (10)- Atlanta healed my heart

This is my last blog post for the "Summer in Savannah" series. I am currently writing this in my living room back in England. I can't believe it's over already. I flew in yesterday.  Yes, I do miss Savannah, I miss Georgia as a whole actually.
What really struck me this summer was reconciliation with the city of Atlanta.  Not the actual city of Atlanta but when I think of Atlanta,  I think of the church I attended there from 07-08, the friends I met there and the person I dated back then.
God did an amazing work this summer in my heart. My pastor in Atlanta said these words to me : "Chizor, your time in Georgia I believe will bring healing". At that point I couldn't ever see myself forgiving those that intentionally or unintentionally hurt me. However, God really did a work in me.
Let me be honest, during my time in Savannah I did not live this holy supernatural life but it was a time for God to really root up the tares in my heart. Like God was tearing things up in my heart. To be honest, I wasn't enjoying christianity, this summer I wanted to not just pray and read my bible but I wanted to have a real relationship with God.  I longed for that intimacy with God.
Did I go after it as much as I should have? Hmm, I don't know.
I probably didn't get everything right "spiritually" this summer but God did have mercy on me. He healed my heart in Atlanta and Savannah.
God didn't wait for me to get back to England before He healed me. No, he planted me right there in the midst of my regrets, fears and turmoil. That's where he wanted to heal me.



I loved every second of my internship and it really pushed me to go after law. Representing children in court who have been abused is very life rewarding.  Actually for the first time in a long time feel confident and I know that's only God given.
I knew God had plan for my life. Not just any plan but an amazing plan.  As much as I beat against the rail, I am nothing without God.

God even cares about my love life. No I am not dating anyone - it just isn't the time. Besides I have only one year left of law school, God willing.  Nevertheless, I did meet some pretty awesome gentlemen in Savannah and I was able to see how a man should treat a woman and how a man should not treat a woman. I got a pretty even balance...

I'm on a path of self-discovery. Almost like a pre middle-aged crisis, but in a good way. I want to travel all over the world, I want to meet new people, I want to research all aspects of the law. I want an intimate relationship with God.






I am reading this book called Eat, Pray, Love and I feel like the author represents my life. It's so funny but Judge Beam who knew nothing about my past, kept  on recommending me to buy the book and felt that it reflected my life.
Therefore, I am going to start writing my own story. Yes, finally I'm going to publish my autobiography.
I've been and seen so much in my twenty-two years of my life and I have things to put down on paper. So, for the next few months I'll be working hard on writing and I may not have much time for blogging. But we'll see.

Just like the book "Eat, Pray, Love" -   Eat = I have gained a few pounds by eating country cooking and so I am not 'anorexic' , Pray = I am on a journey of spiritual enlightenment and I'm going to begin enjoying knowing God and finally Love = I love meeting new people, I love life and I finally for the first time ever I love who God has  created me to  be.





I'll keep you posted

In Christ
Chizor

2 comments:

Savannah said...

Hi,

Love the blog. great job.

You are invited to follow my blog. I think you would like it.

Merana Leigh said...

Well, I am SO glad you realized that God took you to the source of your pain in order to bring the healing to fruition!

I'm so proud of you. Wow, an autobiography...phenomenal! I wish you well with that, with your further studies, with life in general. :o{ but don't stay gone too long....I will miss you! I admit to peeking at your blog to see if I missed any of your latest posts. You inspire me, dear one & I look forward to what the Lord shares thru you!

Hugs ~ Merana