Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Tuesday 19 January 2010

Jesus...the plumber - READ THIS FOR ENCOURAGEMENT

I thought I should write another blog today, which is quite unlike me. Actually it was my friend Lilian who inspiried me to write today's blog concerning the plumbing skills of Jesus Christ.

Let me give you a little background  regarding the title of this topic.
Well, since the beginning of the school term which was in October my new student house had been suffering from a lack of heat radiation.  Yes, there was very little heat penetrating from the heaters in the kitchen and the other 3 bedrooms, therefore those rooms were still livable. But guess who's room had no heat whatsoever...? Yup, you guessed quite right - MY ROOM! It was so cold in my bedroom, I couldn't study in there, I couldn't even get dressed because it was so icy.
My room of all rooms had to be out of heat. I tell you it was horrible.
So from October till about January this year, I had no heating in my room. I was so relieved when uni closed for Christmas so I could go back to my home in Kent. It got really bad in December, I can't really explain it.
However....we finally got a plumber to come out about last week. And my is my room HOT! I have reconnected with my wonderful bedroom again!
Though prior to the plumber coming, I waited in intense anticipation.  It took him almost two weeks to finally get to my house, due to "Britain's Big Freeze". My road was completely sealed off, it was piled high in snow and ice. Therefore the plumber couldn't make it up the road to fix my beloved heater.
But when the ice began to clear, he came through and did his work.
At the moment, I am enjoying a warm house and the bitter coldness is only a distant memory.


Jesus is like the plumber. You see, from October till about the end of 2009, I actually was going through a spiritual battle.  It was horrible. Let's just say that I never knew my body could produce so much tears and not get dehyrdrated.  Memories of past incidents were just haunting me, nights were often sleepless and my weight...well that's another story. It was a bitter icy experience. My heater in my spiritual life was broken. However, to keep warm I began indulging in the Word of God. I began letting it go deep down in my spirit and work like medecine. What do the scriptures say? "My son, pay attention to what I say;

listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart;  for they are life to those who find them and health to a man's whole body."
I was desperate for Jesus, and I mean DESPERATE. I can honestly say that my life will never be the same.
Anyway back to plumbing. From about the end of December, I began to percieve in my spirit that Jesus the plumber was coming. In fact He had been trying to get up the road of my life for a while now. How come?
Yesterday, I realised that the path of my life was filled with snow and dangerous ice, it was hard for any vehicle to get up the road to work in my life.  I am going somewhere with this analogy...bear with me.
As you are aware, the best way to clear an icy street is to lay down grit salt.  This salt eats away at the snow causing it to defrost and the way to become clear. These past few months, God has been throwing down grit salt on my heart, defrosting it so He can fully come.  Grit salt can be annoying because it's messy and it can make things look horrible. It's been a painful and upsetting experience but God has been seeing me through.
Please note however, that  once all the snow and grit has disappeared the way is clean and clear.
From January, I have seen the works of the Lord so much, He has been fixing my heater. I have begun to feel a little heat. He has begun opening up the prohetic again for me, and so  many things.  The calling that He  placed on my life a few years ago is suddenly settling into place and the Most High God has dominion over it.
I know soon that all the other stuff which I had to endure will be one distant memory, once Jesus brings heat to all the cold places of my life.

I hope this encourages someone.  Know, the way of the Lord is good.

No comments: