Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Sunday 24 January 2010

Speak to my Heart Holy Spirit

The other night whilst I was in bed , I heard this random instruction come to me, the voice said "SET YOUR FACE AS A FLINT".

Recently, I have been praying to the Lord to speak more clearly , to quieten my mind and spirit, so that I could be more intimate with Him. I wanted to desire Him more and more than I previously had been.
I have been reading articles about the "MANY" ways God speaks to us. He can do it through so many things but one thing I know God does so often is speak to our hearts.

You see when I recieved the instructions from the Lord according to scripture in Isaiah 50: 7 which tells us that Because the Sovereign LORD helps me,  I will not be disgraced. Therefore have I set my face like flint, and I know I will not be put to shame.  I knew God was speaking to my heart.  God was telling me to harden my face against the worries of the World and have eyes like a dove and concentrate on the Sovereign God.

Have you ever felt the gentle tug of God before? I am feeling it now. He's calling us to enter His gentle presence. Like a Father beckons his child to have "hang out time". God has heard my prayer "Speak to my heart Holy Spirit".  Do you know one gentle Word from the Spirit of God can change a whole situation? Did you know one word of God changed the nation of Israel and ? Do you know one unction from the Lord brought you and I to our knees to accept His gift of fullness in Him?

I wake up every morning before I open my bible and pray "Lord give me a RHEMA" rhema is Hebrew I believe for a Word from God. When that Word gets deep down inside of your spirit, it begins to wash over you, like a husband washes his bride with words.

I encourage you to listen to a recording by  Morehead State University Black Gospel Choir, there was a particular lady Holly Forbes who began to sing the song which has been my heart's cry for sometime now titled SPEAK TO MY HEART HOLY SPIRIT.

No comments: