Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Saturday 21 August 2010

A woman's tears



This morning, I woke up and I pondered on the goodness of God. I can't get enough of it. I've been studying for ca. 8-10 hours a day this past week for my law exams which are coming up. However, I have come to realise that no matter how hard I strive to make a 1st class, I am nothing without God.

God cares about everything. Everything we are going through. Or everything we have been through. I cannot stress it enough : every tear drop we cry He is merciful to put it into His bottle of tears (Psalm 56:8).
I began writing this blog because I had deleted my facebook and I needed a break from things. The Lord had bigger plans for me - He wanted to use this blog to deliver people out of pain.
I'm sure you have a experienced pain before. Not like an "owie" sort of pain where you scrape your knee. No, that kind of pain that cuts straight to the heart, to the depth of your soul. The emotional pain.
This pain truly penetrates and if not treated properly it can have some deep lasting wounds. Ladies, if these wounds are not tended to, they can get infected and eventually become contagious. They will infect others, your children for example. Creating a vicious circle.
A woman of 23 years old, who has suffered constant rejection may find it hard to function in healthy relationships if she hasn't treated her wounds in Christ.
I tell you this though, there is something about a woman's heart-felt tears.
I remember a few years ago, during a youth meeting at church. Our teacher (female) was stressing to the our "brothers" the effect of a woman's tears.
She wanted the young men to see the impact that a woman's pain has on God. I recall her talking about domestic violence.
"If you ever hit a woman, or abuse a woman and she cries. I tell you God will move heaven on her behalf." The teacher explained to us.
Men, if you cry to - it's not that God doesn't hear you and won't intervene but God designed the woman to be both strong yet delicate at the same time.  Due to our delicate nature things like rejection and verbal abuse cut deep into our inner beings.
God is faithful to prove Himself strong. Women, do not let the disappointments of yesterday, determine your worth today.

1 comment:

Merana Leigh said...

Fabulous post, my dear. Could not agree more! (and I'm living proof that God does indeed move heaven on our behalf!) Hugs ~ Merana