Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Friday 28 May 2010

My dirty little secret- Atlanta to Savannah!

Don't worry, this blog post will not be full of scandals. It's just that I am letting my readers know that I am in the United States, Georgia for that mattter, pursuing God's call on my life. So, I know I have been keeping my mouth shut these past few months about my plans for the future. To be frank, I kept quiet all this time because the Lord wanted me to exercise wisdom, and part of that wisdom was keeping my head down and laying low.

So, without further procastination...I am currently on an internship with the Law School at the University of Emory where I will be interning as a legal intern in Child Advocacy!  My job will actually be in Savannah, Georgia at the juvenile court  where I will intern as a guardian ad litem (check it up on wikipedia, as I am not about to bore you with definitions).  Many people look at me and ask the same question over and over again: "Why would a british girl, a black british girl as a matter of fact come to Georgia ?".  Not to sound like a pompous git or anything but I come because it's God. Years ago, God actually showed me Atlanta in a dream and so from 2006, I began to work with different non-profit organizations in the inner city.  I enjoyed what I was doing but somewhere along the line I may have become distracted and missed the purpose of God, and the end result wasn't that great. I like to compare the voice of the Holy Spirit to a satellite navigator : if you get off track somewhere, God is always faithful to redirect on to the orginal path He had for you.
My 2nd year at Law School was an extremely tough one for me to be quite honest. I knew God was calling me to pursue a law degree for His glory but emotionally I was a mess and I couldn't see how I could go on another day. Yet God was faithful in the midst of it all.  I really understood that scripture in
Proverbs 18: 24  which states that "A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother".  God had to do what I couldn't. He had to remove somethings out of my way so that he could be that friend who stuck closer to me than a brother. When I had cried all the tears in the world, God would just remind me of His faithfulness. Part of His faithfulness was this particular internship I have just secured. Which by the way gives an incredible grant to it's particpants. Just a little side note for those wishing to pursue law...
He reminded me of the call He placed in my heart for the inner city in Georgia and of how many children were out there, who may or may not be getting enough protection from the law. I want to thank Ms Brenda Rolle at the juvenile court in Atlanta, who I met last summer whilst interning for the Atlanta Metro Kidz, she didn't even know me but she encourged me to apply for the internship.  Seriously guys, God will always prove Himself strong and when He has a plan for you, He will begin taking things away only to replace it with something better. Ms Rolle was certaintly God sent.

I graduate by the God's grace from Law School next year and I am not sure what the next step will be but I've learnt that "All things work together for good, for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose" Romans 8: 28

If God can turn a bad situation in my life around, then He most certaintly will do it for you.

In Chirst

Chizor

No comments: