Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Friday 7 May 2010

Ladies turn your face to the wall.

I've just returned from a coffee date with my good friend and mentor Denise from my church. She has been such a help these past few months and I pray God richly blesses her.

Well, as I was coming home these thoughts began to plague my mind. It was as almost as though Old Miss Low Self Esteem decided to pay me a visit. She just wouldn't let up the whole train ride home. Guys I am going to be truthful here, sometimes it's hard to fight those demonic voices of oppression, nevertheless I was determined in my spirit that I was not about to give in. But the thoughts kept on coming, thoughts such as "Are you really good enough? Can you really accomplish this? What gives you the audacity to say that you are beautiful and God has crowned you with His glory?"  I'm sure we hear these voices sometime in our lives but let me warn you . If these voices are not brought into subjection to the Word of God they will destroy you. I almost wanted to give into the voices of my past and just dwell on everything I had done wrong.  However, in Isaiah 40:31 it states  " But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles". I didn't have any strength left to fight off the words which were trying to oppress me but I turned my face to the wall just like Hezekiah did in 2 Kings 20 and I knew that my strength had to come from the Lord. I turned my back on whatever was being spoken to my spirit and did what I knew best  : turn my face to the wall and look to God.

Hezekiah was told by a prophet himself that he was going to die. I mean if it was me I would have just packed up, drafted my will and organized preparations for my funeral.  Nonetheless, King Hezekiah turned his face to the wall, this meant he turned against the situation that was at hand and looked to God.  Women no matter what is going on, do not let anything overwhelm you. If it gets too much, turn right around in your spirit and look to God. When you "turn to the wall" you are saying no to the situation, you are saying no to well-meaning friends who may give you wrong advice, you are saying no to sympathisers and you are saying "GOD I NEED YOU RIGHT NOW!".

Isn't He the same God that sent  fire by night and a cloud by night to protect the Israelites in the desert? When everything was coming against them , they knew that it was only the Jehovah Jireh that could provide a way out. Ladies, ignore those negative things which are being spoken over you! God loves you so deeply and has an amazing plan for you.  I know very well that it's so easy to think that God has forgotten about you and everything is going wrong. Listen to my words, I am a living testimony to God's goodness. I have literally seen with my own eyes God turn a bad situation right around.   I wouldn't just say this if I didn't mean it. Walk away from those negative things, walk away from anything or anyone holding you back. 

 Some of you have been called to leave your conventional lifestyle of potential housewife to minister to teenage girls who suffer from genitial mutiliation in rural parts of Somalia.   Some of you have been called to stop living upto your family and friends expectations but rather  pursue a degree in medicine in order to bring healthcare to third world countries or right in your hometown.  I know some of you ask God everyday the same question : "How can you use me I am just a woman?".  Turn you face to the wall.  Let me put this out there now. Maybe God has told you and your husband to stop having children for sometime and adopt an orphan from Thailand or Nigeria yet you fear what others may say. Turn you face to the wall.
I have been in each of those situations and often I have wept so bitterly just like King Hezekiah did when he faced the wall. I look at how much I have changed and I only changed because I wanted to please my Jesus. I feel like with Christ there is a whole new adventure set before me. I am not and never will be your conventional woman. If I am called to stay at home and look after my dear children then I will not be your conventional housewife. If I am called to fight furiously in Parliament for the rights of  the marginalised then I will not be your coventional politician. Why? Because I turned my face to the wall and looked to Christ who is my hope and glory.
Be blessed. x

Stay tuned for the big blog switchover in a few weeks

1 comment:

Berean Girl said...

Wow wow wow... just what I needed to hear. Glad, I'm not the only person who feels like their changing. Because I've been away from God so long and now I want to be for him every single moment. It's hard sometimes, but I'll remember to turn my face to the wall. You don't know how much this has blessed me. Thank you!