Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Tuesday 18 May 2010

Don't let me fall Lord


This past week I have been waking up with butterflies in my stomach and the tightening of my chest.  I have been so afraid about the next step in my life.  God has given me a project to work on and as the deadline approaches, fear is rushing in like a flood. But we all know what the scripture says in Isaiah 59:19 When the enemy comes in like a flood God will lift a standard against them .
I keep on asking God the same questions over and over again ; "Why use ME Lord? I can't do it!' It's strange because I want to do it but I feel like it's so beyond me to complete. I think that's where the amazing power and testimony of God steps in and Philippians 4:13 comes into play. Without Him I can do nothing.
This morning I was speaking to my earthly father, just sharing my fears and how hopeless I felt completing this God given task.  My father made it clear to me that I need not worry because even though I may not  the most intelligent person in the world, God has anointed me and is with me.  It made me smile and I realises that it is okay to feel afraid at times. God isn't going to let me fall but desires for me to do the task and sometimes DO IT AFRAID.
I actually shake just thinking about the next step I am to take but I remember this particular scripture:

"Every place on which the sole of your foot treads shall be yours; your border will be from the wilderness to Lebanon, and from the river, the river Euphrates, as far as the western sea." Deuteronomy 11:24


God has already given all things to you and me.

No comments: