Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Tuesday 11 May 2010

All things are working for you and me

At the moment I am trying to complete my essay for Grad school and so far, so tough. Anyhow I've decided to take a break (please note I have only written the title) and write this blog.

Do you remember the story of Joseph and how his elder brothers whom which were so dear to him rejected and misused him.  His own flesh and blood sold him into slavery and I believe the icing on the cake for dear Joseph was when he ended up in a prison cell for several years.  What would you have done if you were Joseph? If you own brother betrayed you and sold you into slavery out of spite? I'm sorry I would've probably killed somebody...but then again that's just my erratic behaviour. But seriously, can we even comprehend what Joseph must have felt.
Years down the line God established His purpose for Joseph and exalted him far above anything Joseph could ever imagine or think.  I mean from the ol' slave house to the palace- Joseph was made governor of Egypt. I have often asked myself though, what was going through Joseph's mind during all that time as prisioner. Did he weep? Did he get angry at his brothers? Did he even get angry at God? I'm not in a position to answer those questions but I do believe that during this time Joseph went through some heart to heart therapy with the Lord. I always tried to put myself in Joseph's shoes. Completely different situation but the same pain and tears.
However, you cannot enjoy the story of Joseph's  incredible success and prosperity   without reading about his trials first. God used Joseph's trials to make him what he was.
Finally, when Joseph was well and established, his own brothers came  to HIM for help. I bet some of you are thinking right now : The audacity of it all! This is what Joseph said : " As for you , you meant evil against me, but God meant it for good, to bring about this present result in order to save many lives" Genesis 50:20.
To be honest in it's utmost, it's been a rough 2nd year at university for me. Extremely rough and it was beyond something my human nature and heart would never have been able to withstand if it hadn't been for the Lord. I am writing this as a closing blog of my 2nd year at Law School.
I began this year heartbroken and in a right state. Pain was my meal of the day (that's if I even ate anything). The wounds were just open. Yet this is my final week of University and God blessed ne  above more than I expected. I didn't come out of this year struggling and trying to maintain calm. No! I achieved so much, more than I could possible imagine. Just the fact that I can even sit here and apply for Grad school is beyond me. All the trials and tribulations that I went through God was preparing me. He was preparing me for the ministry He had predestined me to do. Anything that God takes out of your life is only because it wasn't God's best for you. Joseph being with his family in Canaan wasn't God's best. No, Joseph had to go through somethings in order for the purpose of God to be fulfilled.

This will be my last blog until the BIG BLOG SWITCHOVER but it's been a very painful year at university. Yet the Lord was faithful and he kept on blessing me. I can stand up and say that through all the confusion, misunderstanding, heartbreak, pain and sickness God turned it around for good. I thought it was me who planned my way but the Word says that it's God who orders a woman steps.

Too all those who prayed for me, helped me and just encouraged me your work is not forgotten. It has been an eventful 2nd year right from the gecko but all this was for God to fulfill His perfect plan and purpose.

Finally happy, finally content, finally in love with Jesus.

No comments: