Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Sunday 11 April 2010

Journey to emotional healing part II



In Nigerian culture, the "Ada" is the first born daughter is a prized possession. She is highly favoured by her parents, she has an extremely demanding role to play within her family and everybody has high positive aspirations for her. "Ada-eze" in the igbo language  can be translated as "Princess".  I grew up knowing my role as the "Ada" of my household. I knew I was of value and I knew I was a woman who demanded respect. But good old fashioned Western Hollywood tends to minimise the Princess Daughter of the home.  We begin to compare ourselves to supermodels and what the "ideal woman" should look like. However, when our individual characteristics don't add up to Hollywood zombies we begin to feel like we are worthless.


I have suffered  rejection before. And don't lie to me, you have too.  You feel as though you have been thrown away, that you are an invalid and you are not the "Ada" you once were.  We suddenly ask questions such as "What's wrong with me?". For years I would ask myself this question. I thought something was extremely wrong with me. 
The scriptures says in Psalm 37:25 I was young and now I am old... When I began to go through a spiritual transformation and maturity, I began to  recognise all that my  Father in Heaven had for me. I began to recognise what His Word said about me.  If you are ever going to get over and beyond yourself you are going to have to take  the Word of God and stand upon it.  Many months I just stood on His Word and repeated scriptures to myself over and over and over again. I began to speak positive things about myself. When I was going through my Wilderness, I remember writing to Joyce Meyer Ministries just asking for prayer. I never got a response to my request but a few weeks later a gift arrived through the door. It was a book written by Joyce Meyer titled Healing the Brokenhearted which had daily scriptures which one could confess over and over to themselves.


I cannot stress this enough but there is POWER in the Word of God.  Isaiah 55:11 So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.  
No matter what has happened or what caused you rejection.  Just know the promises of God. Hold onto Him and He will lead your along the straight path.


Do I still feel pain? Yes, I do. I don't get upset about things as I used to though. Nevertheless, I did shed some tears the other day. They came out of nowhere but I also know the healing process hurts. Yet, I am glad I can go through all this knowing that God knew about this all along. Nothing ever surprises God! The healing process will hurt but as long as you keep your hands off the "wound" it will heal over. You are the prized "Ada" of the most High King!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing girl, I will keep praying for you! :-)