Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Wednesday 7 April 2010

Journey of emotional healing Part 1


You may or not know but I love fashion and I love to shop (when I have money).  Recently, it seems as though the fashion industry has flooded the shops with butterflies and pearls. From rings, to earrings, to bracelets to patterns on shirts.  Maybe I am in season hence the title of my blog- butterfly and pearls.
It's spring time! Season of New Beginnings.

I like Spring because when I look at all the flowers which are around on my grass, I remember winter. I remember that there wasn't a flower in sight.  England had a very bad winter but looking around now you can't even tell.  It's so funny that winter was so bitter this year as if it ran parallel with the first half of law school this year. I know I have spoken about it before and it was the Holy Spirt that got me through those dark nights. The word of God says about Christ in Luke 4:18 that The Spirit of the LORD is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor, He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed. 



I held on to that  scripture so tightly.  Pain is Pain. Yet we should never choose to experience it alone. Every night and day I would lock myself in my room and go to the feet of Jesus. I would just talk it all out with Him.  There is also one woman who helped me so much and her name is Joyce Meyer.  Before some of you shoot the messenger because of her gender, if this woman of God didn't stand up and take on the call of God, I don't know what I would have done.  Yes she has touched millions of people around the world but God knew that a storm was going to hit my life and He rose up Joyce Meyer for that reason too.   This woman knows about emotional healing. She has been there.  God will sometimes use your pain to help someone else later in  life.  Romans 8:28 states And we know that in all things God works for good of those who love him and are called according to His purpose.
When you are going through grief, pain, sorrow - go to the Lord. I can testify to this. I think I have learnt a valuable life lesson. No matter what life throws at you, go to the feet of Jesus.  Also what I have found to be encouraging in my life, is that every storm and  every trial God will permit in order to mould us. You may not see the reason for your pain but I can tell you this : hold on to God and He will be sure to keep to His promise in Romans 8:28.  

I think this also teaches me to trust Him so much more.  Even though many of my questions go unanswered, the Word of God always reassures me that all is well.   I think that's why Horatio Spafford could write the song "It is well with my soul" when he learned of the horrific deaths of his daughters.
I don't think I could sit her and write a blog if I didn't have a taste of the bitterness of life also.

No comments: