Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Friday 19 March 2010

Why everybody needs a "Madea" in their lives

First and foremost, I sincerely apologies for not updating my blog. These past few weeks have been extremely busy. I have come to realise that the life of a law student is not a joke. It's a profession to be taken seriously. However, on a more lighter note: SCHOOL IS OUT FOR EASTER!!! Whoo hoo!

I had so much to blog about but the only thing that I decided to write about was Mabel Simonds a.k.a Madea.  She is  is an aggressive, grey-haired, bespectacled black matriarch who I personally see as a role model. Even though she is only a fictional character played by actor Tyler Perry, I feel like I have a connection with her.
Yes, she may smoke cigarettes like a chimney, waveSmith  and Wesson firearms about whenever anybody messes with her, but one thing we can all say- Madea is always there for you. Craziness and all.

Last night, I watched one of her plays "Madea goes to Jail". Towards the end she gave a few words of wisdom, which is often quite common for her to do at the end of her shows.
She began talking about life, especially when you are in the downs of it.  She said something that really spoke to me about moving on with life. " You can be depressed for a minute, but don't stay down there for too long. You need to move on with your own life".  I think that has been the hardest part for me, and I am sure you can say the same. It's the moving on part.  However, though it's difficult, it's the most healthiest and smartest thing we could ever do. Yes, it may hurt for a while but "Joy comes in the morning".

Readers, I just want to encourage you. The seasons have changed. It's springtime. Bring out your pretty dresses (ladies only please!) and breath in the freshair. God is ready to take you to new heights.
Another thing that Madea said that truly blessed me (by the way she was smoking a ciggy when she was preaching) was this: "You done tried everything to make them stay, but if they keep on wanting to leave, they you got'sta let it go. Just let it go". I think I quoted her quite well...
It's true though, I haven't shared my testimony on here. Maybe I will one day, just not right now. But I remember how I would lie awake for hours, just pondering on all the things I hated about myself. I would think about all the things I could do to improve who I was, so that I could be "acceptable".  That was not of God and recently I have begun to love who I am. I respect myself and value myself.

Madea, really blessed me last night. Thanks to my friend "Meek" who is an exchange student from Spelman College, Atlanta (who by the way was a blessing in disguise- more on that later) . She was the one who brought the movie over to my house.  Sometimes, we need those wise people in our lives, no matter how crazy "Uncle Harry" is or how how many husbands "Aunty Jenni" has had. We could all learn something from those  people who have seen life.

This isn't one of my best blogs, but I still hope it blesses someone. Oh, and by the way. God blew my mind a few weeks ago! I will share this goodness in due time. God's word is true and I can definetly say that Ephesians 3:20 has come alive in my life. Now to him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us.


This blog is for you Madea!

No comments: