Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Thursday 10 March 2011

Love? Me?

It actually feels really good to be back on the old blogging machine again. The key to a succesful blog is just to be consistent.

Well, honestly and truly I just wanted to discuss something that has been on my heart lately and that thing is LOVE.  Already I can hear some of you cynics groaning. Some of you have become so pessimistic and bitter towards the L word that you have compulsive tendencies to click off any christian website which talks about love.  Sites such as my own.
I get this thing however, when somebody tells me "Jesus loves you." I tend to roll my eyes, give a false smile and just agree. "Yeah, yeah Jesus loves me." I respond. Yet, I do not believe it. I mean I believe it is written in the Word of God but it just never seems to go down deep into my heart.  The words " Jesus loves you" never seem to consume me.
Do you ever get like that? Almost as though hearing about God's love for us has become redundant.
Recently, I've just been crying out to God to show me His love. I'm looking for these great amazing signs of God's love but something just hit me now. Every morning I wake up and I take a deep breath - that is an indication of God's love right there. He gave me the gift of life. That alone should be enough, right? Right but wrong.  We humans are looking for this eternal happiness everytime we wake up but we always finish the day feeling rather disappointed and unfulfilled.  We go to sleep with a heavy heart and we hope that deep down inside  tomorrow may be a lot different. Is it just me or does anyone tend to feel the same way?

I keep on saying how "I'm not a good christian" but it isn't about me being 'a good christian' - it is more about what is God saying about me. I've begun this daily bible plan on my new phone (which is a Blackberry by the way...hehehe) entitled "Why does God love me".  I just began today and this scripture really struck out to me:

Deuteronomy 7:6-8 - For you are a holy and set apart people to the Lord your God; the Lord your God has CHOSEN you to be a special people to Himself out of all the peoples on the earth. The Lord did not set His love upon you and choose you because you were more in number than any other people, for you were the fewest of all people. But because THE LORD LOVES YOU and because He would keep the oath which He had sworn to your fathers, the Lord has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

I have never actually read this scripture before and if I have it has just now knocked me off my feet.

Wow.

1 comment:

Merana Leigh said...

Oh sweet friend, we are SO in the same boat. #1 - I've been reading Deuteronomy (check out a recent post about it) & #2 that whole "L" thing is incredibly elusive! But you know what has proven Jesus' love for me every time? The fact that no matter HOW MUCH I mess up, ignore him, or even roll my eyes...He's still there every single time I come back! That's LOVE!