Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Tuesday 22 December 2009

No Longer Quivering...


Before I forget,  I am currently reading the life story of a lady called Vykie.
Let me give you a brief intro to her background.
Vyckie, has been through a lot in her life, she has just left her blind husband, and has left God.
It's so sad. She has several children...I couldn't count. Anyway, she was a strong believer in Christ but shared beliefs in a doctrine known as "The Quiverfull Movement".
This doctrine is based on the scripture written in Psalms 127:5 Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them [children] for he will not be put to shame when his enemies contend with him at the gate.  
Basically the doctrine advocates the abstinence of birth control.  I personally know many believers who follow this method.  I am not married, but I would like to hear some thoughts from the married and unmarried.
I will post more on this issue in the weeks to come.
Love ya
xxxx

1 comment:

Mia said...

Welcome to Blogger!
I came acros your blog through the subject of 'biblical courtship'. I look forward to your upcoming posts!! Oh, and please feel free to stop by my blog :)
The "quiverfull movement" is a very interesting subject...Thanks for the link!

Sister in Christ,
Mia