Therefore if anyone is in Christ, [is like a butterfly] he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new

Monday 6 September 2010

Testimony time - Blessing time



I wrote my Public Law Exam today and am I happy that I have it out of the way. I just wanted to give a brief testimony about the Lord's goodness today.
Well, after the 2 1/2 exam paper the Holy Spirit brought something to rememberance.

'He will teach you everything and remind you of all that I have said to you.'

I  began to remember last year when I wrote my Contract Law and Tort paper, I was an emotional wreck. Emotional wreck is a little dramatic but I was displeased with my personal life. Anyway, to cut a long story short I remember writing those papers with tears streaming down my face and my mind flicking between, "Equitable Estoppel" and "Why God?!  Why is my relationship falling apart ?!" Not a good combination of thoughts, especially when the exam is worth 100% of your grade. Hehehe, I can laugh now but only because I have the strength to - I didn't find this in the slightest bit funny last year.
However, God has definetly turned my story around, for the better. Today, I was able to sit through my Public Law Exam and I was at complete ease.  My mind was focused and at the same time I kept my mind focused on the Lord. So, isn't that something to give God thanks for?
Sometimes, I lay awake at night and I think of all the people who have experienced pain. Whether it was caused by something trivial or something more serious. I think of my best friend Lois, who recently just lost her mother. I think of all the nights she cries herself to sleep due to the grief of it all. I cannot fathom what Lois may be going through right now - I have never lost someone that close to me before, however I do know what it feels like to cry yourself to sleep and wake up in further distress.
I remember when I would sit for hours just reading other people's blogs about how God delievered them from their pain.  That's why I speak so much about my past experiences- not because I am glorifying my past ; rather  because I know how often people 'google search':  'need help with pain' or 'God delievered me from pain'. I know this because I used to search for the same answer. I want people to see God's hand of deliverance on my life and be encouraged .

The bible says :  Psalms 34:19 says, "Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivers them from them ALL."

On a lighter note, I need a title for my autobiography. Write now it is a contest between "Butterfly and Pearls" or "Skinny, Worried and Depressed" - my 13 year old sister came up with the last one...she has a talent for words.
Any takers?

1 comment:

Merana Leigh said...

I vote for Butterfly & Pearls! (ooops, had to go back & correct that b/c it said "Butterly & Pearls - LOL!)

So sorry to hear of your friend losing her mom. I lost my mom 8 years ago. Definitely one of the hardest things I've ever experienced in this life (of course, my marriage was falling apart at the time too). Please get in touch if you ever need advice on how to help her. The best thing is just to BE THERE & listen to her as she grieves...even if you hear the same thing over & over...she needs to say it! I'll be praying for her & her family!
Hugs ~ Merana